Role and Responsibilities:
The Environmental Health and Safety Counsellor is responsible for the overall day to day management of the occupational health and safety program, environmental management, and facility maintenance.
Liaising with HSE CAE Global representatives, the Facility HSE Counsellor will report to the Head of Training Excellence, Safety & Quality. The position is primarily responsible for how Health, Safety and Environment is managed on the CAE FTO & CAT Phoenix sites, relating specifically to the procedures, facilities and infrastructure. Acting as the HSE Counsellor providing technical expertise, training and mentoring, developing and updating policies and procedures, the HSE Counsellor will support the sites in conforming to company and statutory regulations on HSE.
Health, Safety & Environment :
Ensure site compliance with Environment, Health and Safety Legislation
• Developing and maintaining an environmentally responsible culture
• Develop and maintain safe work procedures and ensure they are adhered to
• Work with the management team to develop and maintain a Health and Safety culture, providing regular information and training to the site
• Undertake and document risk assessments on the facilities and other Health and Safety checks e.g. Fire Risk Assessments; Work Place Risk Assessments; General Risk Assessment
• Carry out Health and Safety briefings for all new staff and cadets.
• Ensure that all contractors working on site have complied with CAE Oxford Aviation Academy & CAE CAT policies and safety requirements
• Report on all Health and Safety matters as directed by the Global Health and Safety Manager, working with the CAE Phoenix management team to implement necessary improvements
• Conduct all required all monthly and quarterly HSE reports
• Oversee site hazardous waste disposal
• Conduct audits, risk assessments, and inspections
• Review local safety procedures, plans, and other documentation to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws, company guidelines, and industry-wide best practices
• Maintaining proper records and safety documentation
• Report injuries or illnesses through company channels and to OSHA, if necessary
• Conduct Annual Fire Drills and ERP drills in cooperation with the Safety Officer. .
• Lead investigations into incidents, accidents, and near misses
• Participate in team meetings as necessary
Facility Management :
• Responsible for managing the day to day Facilities maintenance and ensuring a timely execution of maintenance portal and Gemba tickets.
• Responsible for raising issues relating to the state and condition of all buildings and infrastructure on the site that are part of the lease and provide a solution to Senior Management
• Act as the contact for landlords and airport for all buildings and infrastructure on the site that are part of the lease
• Serve as primary contact for regulatory agencies and contractors